Energy measurement can be carried out with a recording electric power meter
provided the power otherwise consumed by the operating system and other
programs can be controlled for.   Total energy used by the computer during
one trial is computed by the integral of the recorded power reading over
the time of the experiment.  Do you have a time recording power meter to
connect between the computer and power source?  A sensitive Coulomb
counting power meter such as those used for characterizing batteries would
be ideal.  Often such meters will have a direct readout of the integrated
energy in Joules or Watt Hours.

Considering how total energy of computation is entirely liberated as heat
from the computer's electronics, another technique would be to put the
computer inside a well insulated and air tight cabinet for which you've
determined the specific heat of the system.  Specific heat might be
experimentally determined by measuring the temperature rise of the system
relative to the energy expended from a precise energy standard.   Such a
standard is merely a carefully measured amount of pure chemicals which
produce a well defined exothermic reaction that doesn't destroy the
apparatus.

Generally I would suggest finding a small DC powered single board computer
which runs only the SQLite program during the experiment.  That would
eliminate controlling for energy use of programs and irrelevant system
components like power supply, graphics card, and so on. You will also have
to design your experiment around the choice for secondary storage.  For
example, a solid state disk will have different energy characteristics
compared to a mechanical disk.  Separating the factors of energy for
storage versus energy from computation would be an important dimension for
an energy study of DBMS's.

Peter