>> What about time resets to the epoch which are not restored, user time
>> changes,
>
> I know some systems at least increment the node each time a time change is
> detected. It will take 2^47 time changes to roll over. Since the node part is
> not relevant to SQLite, this is perfectly safe.

Also, the UUID clock doesn't need to be the system clock, so you can simply
ignore backwards changes in the system clock (or maintain a common offset that
gets updated whenever a backwards change is detected in the system clock). Over
time this may trim a few decades off the 3000+ year life of the format.