Afternoon all,

Just joined the list.  Am a fairly long term user of SQLite Expert Personal (my
version is 3.5.96.2516 - I upgraded to try version 4 a while back but the
columns in the Data tab were fixed which is no good for me, I couldn't drag
them wider so I went back to v3), and while I built my PC from scratch and am
good with a lot of software, I'm by no means an expert when it comes to SQL or
databases.

The reason for my post is to help my dad out!  We both maintain our own
databases (Windows 7) - in the left hand pane of SQLite, you have the database
name (basestation) and the table name (Aircraft) - I don't think this list
allows snips or I'd send a screenshot but you know what it looks like.

Twice now in the last two months, the "Aircraft" table has vanished from my
dad's database effectively showing no data in the data tab on the main window,
but the file size has remained the same, suggesting the data is in there
somewhere but without it the database is useless.  Now I know he's obviously
unwittingly done something, but I'd like to know what he did, how he did it,
and if there's any way to undo it, should it happen again.  After the first
loss, I closed the left hand pane so he couldn't accidentally delete the table,
but it's gone again so something else is amiss.  He uses a laptop with a
touchpad and I know how temperamental they can be regarding a mouse swipe vs a
mouse click, especially if you accidentally brush it.

Yes we've backed up the database, but I'd like to prevent this from happening
in the first place, or at least be able to undo it and get the table back.

If there's anything I've left out please ask, and many thanks for any help with
this.

Chris