Keith Medcalf wrote on Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:04 PM

>Your method of achieving a solution to whatever problem you are trying to
>solve will not work.

>Perhaps you can state the problem you are trying to solve without making an
>assumption as to how to solve that problem, someone may be able to solve the
>problem with a workable solution rather than an unworkable solution.

I'm using an application that I can't change.  I can give it multiple queries
to run but the application assumes that each query will produce at least one
row and causes an error if that's not the case.  I want to cause some rows to
be inserted into a table but plain insert queries don't work because they
violate the application's assumption that a result will be returned.

=