Petern wrote on Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:53 PM
Re: Nelson "odd". This will make the desired (?) side effect happen:

>.load eval.so
>SELECT coalesce(eval('INSERT INTO table1 VALUES(a, b, c)'), 1) AS value;

>If INSERT references columns from an outer scope then use printf() inside the
>eval().

...snip...

>That one is eval(X,Y) where Y is optional column separator.  If you need
>the improved eval(X,Y,Z) where Z is an optional line separator, let me know
>and I'll post that upgrade.

That's a great suggestion... I'm not using the sqlite shell and I don't have
control of the application but there's a reasonable chance that eval() is
statically compiled into the app.  I'll investigate that further.