Peter Da Silva Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 12:24 PM

>What I don’t understand is this app that’s making SQLite calls, so it’s using
>the SQLite library, and it’s expecting a result from updates and inserts?

Yes, exactly.  The app designers assumed that rows are returned from every
statement.  That's the 'unfortunate reason'.

>That seems like a bug or design flaw in the application.

I agree with either of those characterizations!

>Possibly it’s looking for the number of rows effected result and not finding
>it for some reason?

I investigated a further while exploring some of the list suggestions.  The app
halts with an error unless sqlite3_column_count() > 0.  That means I misspoke
when I mentioned that the sql statement needed to return at least one row.  I’m
not sure if that makes a difference, though.

https://sqlite.org/c3ref/column_count.html