On 9 May 2018 at 08:56, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

>   But with
> SQLite, there is no round-trip latency.  A "round-trip" to and
> database is just a function call, and is very very cheap.

I want to emphasise that Dr. Hipp's usage of "round-trip" only includes the
latency of _communication_ between the app and database in this statement,
and excludes any processing time required by the database.

If you were to interpret "round-trip" from an app-centric perspective (as
in "the time taken to retrieve/commit data") then the statement becomes
misleading because handling the data involves i/o, possibly even
synchronous i/o, which is not "very very cheap" by any standard I'm aware
of :)

-Rowan