On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Simon Slavin wrote:

Your copy of wget is using a different set of Certification Authority certificates to those used by your browser. Since your browser was updated more recently than your OS (purely a guess on my part) I'm guessing that the certificates used by "wget" are slightly out of date.

The certificates used by the browser are usually provided by the browser vendor and so they are not necessarily provided by the OS vendor. If 'wget' does not know about 'Lets Encrypt' then merely waiting is unlikely to solve the problem.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn