> Le 26 juin 2018 à 07:56, Gert Van Assche <ger...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> If I would like to use these ranking techniques in SQLite, can I do this
> with an extension? Has nobody created a Windowing.dll yet?
> Just asking. My short term need has been solved, but now that I know this,
> I'm sure I'd like to use this technique later. But I like to stick to
> SQLite.

Don't want to spoil any news, it is viewable by the public anyway, but there
are clearly experimental, interesting (and significant) work ongoing by the
SQLite developers around SQL windowing functions.  A quick look to the
exp-window-functions branch clearly shows that.

https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?n=100&r=exp-window-functions

So it _may_ be possible that you see these features in a later version of
SQLite, or not.  We'll see.  I certainly wish the best for this experience
which looks good and nicely ongoing.

From experience as a user of SQLite, not all development of features through
branches get merged to the trunk.  Sometimes they stay available as a branch
for you to choose to use, sometimes they end up in the main SQLite product
(trunk branch).  Sometimes they can stay significant time aside before one day
being merged.  I have no specific expectations, and you shouldn't have too, I'm
just monitoring areas of development that are interesting to my eyes and
programming needs.  Mainly the 'server-process-edition' branch, the
'begin-concurrent-pnu' branch and this 'exp-window-functions' branch.

:)

Olivier Mascia