Behalf Of Rob Willett
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:42 AM
To: SQLite mailing list
Subject: Re: [sqlite] [EXTERNAL] Re: Very, very slow commits - Possibly solved

Gunter,

Thanks for this. We have already started on this as we realised that the
COLLATE NOCASE was irrelevant and actually slowed down integer queries.

What we have not done is reorder the table to match the index queries.
This had not occurred to us.

We think we have already created the indexes so that we 'cover' the
queries. One advantage (!) of a 200M row table is that inefficient
queries are immediately obvious as we have to do a table scan.

We have not checked that the order of columns in the index match the
ORDER BY clauses. We never thought of that either,

Thanks for the help.

Rob