The symbol name is sqlite3_icu_init.  When you load module lib<x>.so the symbol
sqlite3_<x>_init is called.  You need to either (a) rename the shared library
to the correct name (libicu.so) or pass the name of the init function
(sqlite3_icu_init) to the loader when you load the module, or (c) change the
name of the sqlite3_icu_init function in the icu.c source so that it matches
the name that the module loader is looking for ...

(If you are building your own library from the amalgamation source you can just
compile the amalgamation with the SQLITE_ENABLE_ICU symbol defined ...)

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.