On 1/19/19 4:47 PM, Andy Goth wrote:
Dennis Clarke wrote:
On 2018-07-28 08:33, Andy Goth wrote:
SQLite 3.24.0 fails to build on Solaris 9 (a.k.a. Solaris 2.9)

It may be [worth] while to spin up a Solaris 9 zone on a Solaris 10 or
Solaris 11 server for this purpose.

I don't have access to any Solaris servers of any kind. And yet, I had the
requirement to produce a working binary for a computer I wasn't even
allowed to go visit. It was rough, but the task is done and sold off.

From the better late than never file eh?

I have no idea how you managed to land that task but these days
if someone asks me to do any work on a Solaris 8 or 9 server I
simply say "no" and that is the end of it.  I have seen too many
nights and days lost to cursing over old Solaris 8 sparc servers.

I have a few Solaris 10 servers left in life and zero, none, nothing
for Solaris 11 simply because Oracle made it impossible to run.

So well done and now do your self a favour and say good bye to it.

Time to go look at Debian and FreeBSD on RISC-V if you want adventure!

Dennis