On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:12:25 -0500
Richard Damon <rich...@damon-family.org> wrote:

> Some operations can be order of microseconds if the data resides in
> cache,

Thank you, I hadn't considered that.  I was thinking that seek times on
"spinning rust" -- which is the only economically feasible technology
for large databases, which would be typical of a database with many
concurrent users -- is still measured in milliseconds.  And the larger
the database, the lower the cache hit ratio.

> SQLite is NOT intended to be used over a network

No emphasis required.  I didn't imply network access.  I posited
multple clients, of which there could be many on a large shared-logic
machine.

--jkl