On 2/6/19 9:10 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
On 2/6/19, Ben Asher <benashe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there! We're having a debate at my company about date storage in SQLite.
SQLite has builtin support for ISO8601 in its date functions, so some folks
have started storing dates as ISO8601 SQLite-compatible date strings. Are
In my own work, I have variously used ISO8601 text dates, unix
timestamp integers, and fractional Julian Day numbers to represent
dates and times, according to whichever worked best in that particular
application.  Since it is easy to convert between them all, this has
never been a big problem.

Why not merely use the data from :

    struct timespec tn;
    ec = clock_gettime( CLOCK_REALTIME, &tn );

That should give some sort of data down to the nanosec and if you have
decent ntp in place ( and black magic ) it may even be accurate. :-)

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC