Hi all,

We use sqlite3 in an embedded automotive system based on QNX hypervisor
running multiple virtual machines. Software is architectured in a service
oriented way. We are using C programming language.

Multiple services (involving multiple threads) are using APIs in a single
service to access the database. A single database connection is shared
among all these services. More than one service access the service API to
read/write database at the same time. No locking is implemented in our
service accessing the database. It simply calls sqlite3_exec() to execute
the command it is asked to do.

Compile time configuration of sqlite3 library is serialized threading mode.
As per Sqlite3 documentation, this mode can be used reliably in
multithreaded application with no restriction.

Will there be any issue in using sqlite3 in the mentioned architectural
approach? I have seen in some forums serious discussions ongoing regarding
reliability of sqlite3 in multithreaded application. Could you please share
your thoughts on this? Which are the problems to be anticipated in such a
case?

Thank you
Lullaby