On 12 Aug 2019, at 14:30, J Decker <d3c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:42 AM Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
>> On 12 Aug 2019, at 1:27pm, Tim Streater <t...@clothears.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't expect to do that with SQL. My "seconds since the epoch" is
>> based on converting any particular time to GMT and storing that. That
>> number is then converted to a date/time with TZ info for display.

> If the timezone is stored, then the time is all UTC and easily sortable.
>  A sub-order of timeone within a sepcific time sequence ends up happening
> *shrug*

Why are you storing the timezone? You display the TZ of the user who is, later,
viewing the data. And that user could be anywhere.

> But then, I'm assuming the time would just be ISO8601; since SQLite
> datetime functions take that as an input already.

I'm a user; I don't want my times displayed as ISO8601. That's why we have
date/time control panels so the user gets to choose how those are displayed.

--
Cheers  --  Tim