Randall Smith, on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 05:14 PM, wrote...​
> ​
> I have an application where remote users will be connecting to a SQLite DB
> over a network​
> connection that seems to be somewhat sketchy (I can't characterize it well;
> I'm hearing​
> this second-hand).​
> ​
> My question is: Do the commit-or-rollback semantics of SQLite transactions
> work if the​
> connection to the file system is weird?  For example, do I get a rollback if
> the​
> connection is lost mid-transaction or something?  Or, is the underlying
> assumption with​
> transactions that the connection between SQLite code and file system is 100%
> reliable?​
> ​
> I realize this is a bit vague, but if anyone has any experience or insight I
> would appreciate it.​
​
Even on a great network, you can have problems, so when you say "sketchy", then
definitely there will be problems. You must make sure that only one writer is
writing to the DB, though many can read, only one writer.  If you do a search
for sqlite network usage, you may get some good advice.  Just thinking
out-loud.  Thanks.​
​
josé