On 10/21/19, Jonathan Brandmeyer <jbrandme...@planetiq.com> wrote:
> Or, how many times is each page written by SQLite for an insert-heavy
> test?  The answer appears to be "4", but I can only account for two of
> those four.

Are you measuring writes at the OS-interface layer, or writes at the
hardware layer?  SQLite should issue no more than 2x writes in WAL
mode, and less if the same page is modified more than once.  But who
knows how the OS might be multiplying this to accomplish its own
filesystem consistency.

Consider compiling the
https://www.sqlite.org/src/file/ext/misc/vfslog.c extension into
SQLite on a workstation and running your code there, to get more
details about everything that SQLite is doing with storage.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org