On 11/23/19 11:06 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
conforming to strict standards instead of what compilers actually do

My problem here is that the compilers and their ability to comply with
those wonderful cross platform standards is always a moving picture.

Regardless it may be of some value to put a note somewhere on the sqlite
webpages that says "just use GCC and don't specify -std" or something
more helpful.

Having said all that the use-after-free bug is real and we may yet have
other problems in the test harness. I am still working through that and
doing testing on a multitude of architectures ( risc / cisc / big endian
/ little endian and 32 and 64 bit ) which tends to reveal issues.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC