On 7 Dec 2019, at 5:10am, Octopus ZHANG <zhangysh1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I received no error from the execution. Could I know how to emit the error
> message if it is over length?

There was no error because the command executed successfully.  You told SQLite
to generate a string which was

1,000,000,000,000,003

bytes long, which is a many terabytes.  You operating system agreed to reserve
enough memory for it, though it took it more than a minute to do so.  Had you
actually tried to access all that memory you would have received an error.

(Your operating system is allowed to do this.  Checking how much memory is
available for every malloc takes too much time.)

Everything is executing correctly.  You discovered a command which really does
take over a minute to execute.