Hello,

I know that SQLite uses dynamic types, so it is not easy… But what is the best
way to determine the column type of a result set?

The sqlite3_column_decltype() works only if I select directly a column, but not
when I do some other operations (call function, increment etc.).

The sqlite3_column_type() works for while iterating over particular rows. I can
fetch the first row and get type here (expecting that all values in that column
will have same type), but the problem is a) if the first value is NULL or b) if
the result set is empty.

If I have e.g. "SELECT a + 1 AS x FROM t", is there a way to say that the x
will be numeric? Or if I have "SELECT 1+1 AS x"?

I am writing a generic software that should work with any database model
(tables are defined by the user) and I need to know the types, so I can
properly present the results. Currently I use sqlite3_column_decltype() and
will add options so the user could explicitly specify types of particular
columns, but I am looking for a better way…

Or will SQLite4 work differently (for me better) with types?

Thanks,

Franta