On 14 Dec 2019, at 12:16am, František Kučera <konfere...@frantovo.cz> wrote:

> In case of my software I can really expect that all values in a column will
> have the same type or be NULL (and everything else means error).

In that case, execute your query and use sqlite3_column_type() on each column
of the first row returned.

Alternatively, execute your query with " LIMIT 1" added to the end, use the
column types that one gives, then execute your real query.

> Would not it be useful to have optional function to determine the types
> before executing the query? (yes, it would require that the columns contains
> only values of declared type…

The problem with that "optional function" is that the requirement you listed is
not a requirement of SQLite.

You can read the types of every column in a table using a PRAGMA:

<https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_table_info>

Of course, this does not help when some columns returned by your query are not
table columns.