On Jan 23, 2020, at 7:02 AM, Mark Benningfield <mbenningfie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...whenever I do a Fossil pull of the latest
> version takes a grand total of about 2 seconds, but it would be nice not to
> have to remember to do it every time :)

If you’re having to reapply the change on every Fossil update, you’re probably
making the change to the wrong place in the code: you’re changing a generated
file rather than a proper source file.

Saying “fossil up” or “fossil up release” should merge your local edits into
the new release automatically unless upstream changes something nearby or on
those same lines.

I don’t say this expecting that these problems will remain unfixed upstream,
just as general forward-looking advice.  Fossil can be a useful aide in
carrying local changes from one release to the next.

There are more advanced methods beyond that, such as private branches and
autosync=0, but at that point we should take it up on the Fossil forum.