On 1/4/06, Peter Bierman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Related to a project I'm working on, it would be useful for me to be
> able to open a database file via passing an already open file
> descriptor to the sqlite open() call. sqlite3_openfd().

It seems to me that this would cause problems with the creation of the
journal file.  SQLite places it in the same directory as the db file
and it is transient.  SQLite wouldn't know where to put it if all it
had were a file descriptor for the main db file.  It also wouldn't
know where to find it for a potential rollback on open.  The design
scheme of the journal would have to change to support this.

--aaron