Carl Jacobs wrote:

I'm using Windows XP Sp2, SQLite3.DLL V3.2.7. One of the tests which follows
was repeated with bleeding edge SQLite3.DLL V3.3.1 - and gave the same
result.

If I do the following query 'SELECT count(*) FROM MyTable' then when I time
the process I get the following results:
(All times in milliseconds) (For ~17000 records)

87    81    86    84    85    231    1132    1142    1138    1137

As mentioned in my previous email - I can narrow it down even further. The
ONLY sqlite3_step command that has a problem is the final one that returns
SQLITE_DONE.

The only thing that seems to make it quick again is terminating and
restarting the process - i.e. shutting down and restarting my program. It
seems that no matter what I do it's quick for about 5 queries, and then
seems to fall in a heap.

Carl,

Sorry for the repost, I hit send too soon last time.

What language and/or wrapper library are you using to drive SQLite?

Also, how large are the records in your database? You said earlier that they have 45 fields, but not what type of data was stored in any of them. Since you are doing string searches, I assume that at least one contains a string. Is it a large string?

Actually it would be best if you could provide the actual schema of the table, including any indexes and triggers that are defined as well.

Dennis Cote