Randy Graham wrote:
Igor Tandetnik wrote:

Randy Graham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Is it possible to copy tables from one memory database to another
without going through an intermediate disk database?

Can't you just write a function that would run "select * from table"
on one db, and for each record build and execute an insert statement
on the other? Using a parameterized prepared statement of course.

No, because inserting, say 50,000 records into my file db from  my mem
db can take 5 minutes or more, even with transactions since my disk
flash is so slow. This would make my mem db unavailable for incoming
queries/updates during this time which is unacceptable.

I'm not sure I follow. Didn't you ask how to copy from one memory db into another memory db? Where does the file db come into the picture?

Igor Tandetnik