On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 08:30:57AM +0100, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
> Databases like DB2, MaxDB or Oracle offer you these recursive
> SQL statements. The main winning is, that you execute ONE query
> and retrieves all rows belonging to a sub tree, which is MUCH
> faster, that to execute multiple queries ...

Is this true in the sqlite context?  For client/server systems,
getting the server to execute the recursive queries is surely a win,
because you cut out all the back-and-forth communication latencies
when specifying each new query.  In sqlite, though, you can run a
second query from your own code just as efficiently as sqlite can from
its code...

-- Nathaniel

--
When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;