Carl Jacobs wrote:

All would be fine but look at this :

create table test(
price double,
amount double default 0
);

insert into test(price) values("12,0");

amount now = 0.0

The world seems to have settled on using Arabic numerals 0, 1, 2 ... 9. I
think we should think about settling on . as the decimal separator, it would
save a bit of confusion if we all used the same notation.
It is only the English speaking part of the world using Arabic numerals is a '.', which is a minority
The rest uses a ','
I think we should settle there

;-)

I think a pragma would be a good thing.

I suspect that "12,0" is being stored as a string. Don't forget that for all
intents and purposes sqlite3 is typless, so it will store your value in
whatever is the most compact form. So, if you want to, you can store a
picture of yourself in field price!

Regards,
Carl.