From: Dennis Cote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:50 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Re: Db copy

Iulian Popescu wrote:

>I'm really sorry - I forgot to mention that both databases are in memory.

Iulian,

In that case you will have to copy the contents.

The easiest way to do that is probably to modify the code the sqlite
shell uses to do a database dump. Instead of writing the generated SQL
out to a file like the dump command does, execute the generated SQL
statements to create the same tables and records in the second attached
database.

The shell command is implemented in a few functions in shell.c.

I believe there is some similar code in the vacuum functions that copy
the entire database to a new file without converting everything into SQL
text. This might be faster. You can look at the code in vacuum.c

HTH
Dennis Cote