I have never installed the sqlite database, do not know  how it got
initiated on my computer or how it got invoked by my computer or programs,
but I am getting lots of files filling up my temp directory of the form
"sqlite_gibberish" with no extension, as well as files of the form
"ver1a.tmp, ver1b.tmp, ver2a.tmp", etc.  Plus my virus update notifier is
getting very active, telling me every couple of minutes that my software has
been updated.

When this first started last week, I decided to reformat the disk and
reinstall the O/S, especially since it just came back from a repair shop.
But it started again, and so there must be something I am using to invoke
this, probably from the web.  I am running Win XP SP2, have AOL and AOL
Security Center with McAfee

Can anyone give me any clue on how this started and how to make it stop?

Thanks!

Bill