Hi David,

if you're looking for a truly portable tool, you should consider
Tcl/Tk. SQLite has a builtin interface to Tcl, Starkits are portable
between many OSes without any code change and the tktable widget
ot tablelist should be what you are looking for to present your data.

Visit http://wiki.tcl.tk/2633 (sqlite), http://wiki.tcl.tk/1877 (tktable)
and http://wiki.tcl.tk/5527 (tablelist) for more info.

For starkits see http://www.equi4.com/starkit.html

Good luck for your project and happy Tcl'ing

Ulrich