> I have had a look at the sqlite3_progress_handler() API function but
> it appears that the problem is knowing how many opcodes are required
> to complete the transaction before it is run.

So do this: set up sqlite3_progress_handler() with N = 1. Create a query to
delete one record and count how many times the progress handler is called. Now
multiply by the number of queries you are running (presuming they all take the
same form) and change the progress handler N to something more reasonable.

Obviously if you have a query like DELETE * FROM xyz you can make it delete two
records, then three records, counting the difference, and using that as the
multiplier.

Hugh