On 5/10/06, Brandon, Nicholas (UK) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to serialise a memory DB so that it can be sent over a
network socket and re-opened on another computer as a memory DB?

I was thinking of using a SQLite table as a configuration system (like a
.ini file) that can be sent over the network. Obviously you could use a
file based DB instead and pass that around but I would like to be able
to use memory DB for computers that either don't have hard drives or an
OS that doesn't handle POSIX file operations (fopen et al).

Hey Nick,
did you consider an RPC call to a computer that will act as the 'config server'?