--- "Brandon, Nicholas (UK)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to serialise a memory DB so that it
> can be sent over a
> network socket and re-opened on another computer as
> a memory DB?
>
> I was thinking of using a SQLite table as a
> configuration system (like a
> .ini file) that can be sent over the network.
> Obviously you could use a
> file based DB instead and pass that around but I
> would like to be able
> to use memory DB for computers that either don't
> have hard drives or an

I don't know if it will help you, but I've been
working on something almost, but not completely unlike
that here: http://sqlcached.sourceforge.net

It's work in progress, it may explode if looked at
harshly, etc. :)

> OS that doesn't handle POSIX file operations (fopen
> et al).

If you have an OS that doesn't offer fopen() & similar
functions at compile time, you'll probably have a hard
time compiling anything using sqlite...