The sqlite3 program automatically opens the database and holds it open. It will create one if it is missing. The DB stays open until you exit Sqlite3.
JS

Davide Berti wrote:
execute sqlite3 test.db < myscript from a bash shell.
myscript creates a few tables.
After running this, is my test.db in an open state, do I have to open test.db in my c program
via sqlite3_open("test.db", &db_handle);

John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Davide Berti wrote:

my typo here was the sqlite3_open call to open the database that is returning
the error

John Stanton  wrote: Davide Berti wrote:

I am getting this error and have viewed the archives but am still at a loss.

Can I load a script file that creates a view tables:

sqlite3 test.db < myscript

then from a c program sd_open("test.db", db_handle);

It keeps giving me the library routine error.  My program is not multi-threaded
and only makes this one sqlite call?

Have you opened the database?

Are you opening it twice?

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.