My answer wasn't complete. If you populate a database using sqlite3 and exit sqlite3 the DB is closed. To access it from a C program you have to first open it with sqlite3_open.

Sqlite is not an SQL server but instead a library which is linked into every application. Think of it just as a smart file and treat it as you would opening and closing a file in your programs.
JS

Davide Berti wrote:
execute sqlite3 test.db < myscript from a bash shell.
myscript creates a few tables.
After running this, is my test.db in an open state, do I have to open test.db in my c program
via sqlite3_open("test.db", &db_handle);

John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Davide Berti wrote:

my typo here was the sqlite3_open call to open the database that is returning
the error

John Stanton  wrote: Davide Berti wrote:

I am getting this error and have viewed the archives but am still at a loss.

Can I load a script file that creates a view tables:

sqlite3 test.db < myscript

then from a c program sd_open("test.db", db_handle);

It keeps giving me the library routine error.  My program is not multi-threaded
and only makes this one sqlite call?

Have you opened the database?

Are you opening it twice?

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.