DEAR All ,

   I want to use SQLite for our project, the main thing is that the
   database contains millions of Records. So for the faster
 operations   on the db I want to use the SQLite as in-memory database.

   I have compared the results of SQLite as Disk db and as Memory db
   but I am not getting much difference. I am surprised that there
  must  be some difference between memory mode and disk mode.

   Tests were run on 2.4GHz Sempron with 1GB of RAM and running
  Windows  XP + SP2 with all updates applied. Test 20 : 1000000
  INSERTs CREATE  TABLE t1(a INTEGER, b INTEGER, c VARCHAR(100));
  INSERT INTO t1  VALUES(1,13153,'thirteen thousand one hundred fifty
  three');
   In Memory 37.51 Sec
   DISK BASED 39.760000 Sec
   Disk Space consumed 61.6 MB

   Test 21`: 3000000 INSERTs
   In Memory 141.79 Sec
   DISK BASED         111.906000 Sec
   Disk Space consumed 185 MB

   Test 22: 5000000 INSERTs

   In Memory 279.42 Sec
   DISK BASED         201.266000 Sec
   Disk Space consumed 308 MB
   Test 23: 10000000 INSERTs

   In Memory 784.797000 Sec
   DISK BASED         399.846000 Sec
   Disk Space consumed 617 MB

   I am testing it in the following way

   dwStart = GetTickCount();
   db.execDML("begin transaction;");
   db.execDML("CREATE TABLE t1(a INTEGER, b INTEGER, c VARCHAR(100))
 ;") ; for( int i=1;i<=10000000;i++) db.execDML("INSERT INTO t1
 VALUES(1, 298361,'two hundred ninety eight  thousand three hundred')
 ");  db.execDML("commit Transaction") ;  dwStop = GetTickCount();

   I think I am missing something or some necessary parameters. I
  spent  a lot of time to find out the problem. Please Guide me. I
  will be  really thankful.

   Regards,

   MANZOOR ILAHI
--