Hi All,

I have a problem about the ROWID.

I want to create a table with unique value, not only [id] but also [name],
and the table named [foo]
CREATE TABLE foo (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, name TEXT UNIQUE);

I don't want to select the table for avoiding the duplicate NAME problem.
So, I use the "IGNORE" when I insert into the table.

INSERT OR IGNORE INTO foo (name) VALUES ('x');
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO foo (name) VALUES ('x');
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO foo (name) VALUES ('x');
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO foo (name) VALUES ('x');
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO foo (name) VALUES ('y');

After that I found a phenomenon, when I select the table, the result listed
below.

SELECT * FORM foo;

id          name
1           x
5           y

My expected value of y is 2 not 5.

The squence of the id is important to us. How to resolve this problem?
Thanks for your grest help.

Thanks,
VK