Hi,

Basically, I need to do the following: given a big-big table, I need
to iterate through all its rows and change a column in about half the
rows. The contents of the column to change depends on other columns,
but only partially, so triggers won't work here.

What would be the fastest way to do it? I assume that you cannot just
do prepare/step and do updates while iterating over the table, right?
Remembering rowid-s for the rows to change can potentially eat all my
(well, computer's) memory, so it doesn't look perfect either.

This task is solved pretty trivially and efficiently in dbf-based
simple databases (FoxPro, Codebase), but it seems to me that I'm just
missing something very basic about SQLite features.

Yes??
--
Alexei Alexandrov