I would guess from the drift of things, you really should be working at
learning the database language "SQL" and not "learning" SQLite.  SQLite
is only one of a multitude of modern relational databases which use SQL
as their language of choice for their user interface.

Actually using SQLite once you know and understand the inherent
structure and design philosophies of modern databases in general is
basically a "no brainer"  I installed SQLite and in less than a day was
playing with the new toy.  But, I've been messing with relational
databases before they were named that and long before SQL became a
defacto industry standard.

Sometimes things are just not as easy as the marketing department leads
you to believe.  Resign yourself to learning about databases in general,
then SQL the language, and then SQLite will be a "no brainer" for you as
well.

If there are no books perhaps you can find a local mentor.  The support
structure of SQLite is not designed to be a database teaching tool.  It
is as it is, a support structure.  And you will find answers to support
like questions here, but try to soak up the bandwidth and hand holding
that would be required for "Databases 101" and you will get pretty much
the reaction you have already witnessed.

It is also not against the law to skip ahead in text when you find the
current topic boring.  How else could one read all those 1000+ page
tomes so ubiquitous in our field of endeavor.

Fred