Christian,

>Or you could just fix the permissions on your temp directories. If the
>files in */tmp are sensitive, they should be protected. The file name
>themselves should not be sensitive.
>
>I'm not aware of many installations using the permissions you use for temp
>directories.

Yes that does seem like the logical way of going about this.  Unfortunately,
Mandriva 2006 does have the permissions setup this way and they even have a
daemon that goes around checking the file permission on certain files and dirs
and changes them back to what it thinks it should be.

pyslite allows me to use "pragma temp_store_directory = 'directory-name';"  as
a parameter to the cur.execute so I'll talk with the people in trac and see if
this will work for them.  Any thoughts on this?

Respectfully,
Christopher