Hi Gerry, yes, your help was quite useful...

now we have two problems here, I would say:

the first one is that, of all the things you have tried, only one is
correct but two more are accepted without causing an error.

On 2006-0728 06:55:22, Gerry Snyder wrote:
> sqlite> create table test(f int auto_increment primary key, v int
> default 0);
-- no error, not working  (I would expect either a syntax error or a
'auto_increment only on integer')
> sqlite> create table test(f integer auto_increment primary key, v int
> default 0);
-- no error, not working (I would expect either a syntax error or
complete equivalence with the working version)
> sqlite> create table test(f integer primary key auto_increment, v int
> default 0);
> SQL error: near "auto_increment": syntax error
> sqlite> create table test(f int autoincrement primary key, v int default 0);
> SQL error: near "autoincrement": syntax error
> sqlite> create table test(f int primary key autoincrement, v int default 0);
> SQL error: AUTOINCREMENT is only allowed on an INTEGER PRIMARY KEY
> sqlite> create table test(f integer primary key autoincrement, v int
> default 0);
-- all right, this is the only working one, thanks a lot!

the next problem is that I still would like to
insert into test () values ();
or maybe
insert into test default values;

here sqlite does respond clearly:
sqlite> insert into test () values ();
SQL error: near ")": syntax error
sqlite> insert into test default values;
SQL error: near "default": syntax error

is it possible to do this in sqlite?

Mario

--