[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
=?utf-8?Q?Olaf_Beckman_Lapr=C3=A9?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to do this programmatically? I would like to recover from a
damaged database upon program startup.

If your program crashes, or your computer loses power in the
middle of a database change, and thus leaves the database
in an inconsistent state, recovery is automatic.  You do not
need to do anything.  The database automatically reverts to
its prior state.

Well what happens if i write the db to a compact flash card and remove it while writing and put it back again? Actually i have tried that on our ce device while importing cvs records with .read command of sqlite.exe Afterwards the integrity check failed, but the db could be repaired with the vacuum command. Maybe the db would not have been corrupted, if the .read command had closed the db file on error. so on open the journal file had been used.
is this right?

regards,
gunnar