Hi Donald,
thanks for this valuable comment. Regarding the regexp-function, I am not
really sure whether I understood it entirely or not: is it correct that I can
use the regexp *only* in external programs (e.g. a perl programme), but not
on the sqlite command line? There is no possibility to activate regexp also
for the sqlite-command line? Sorry for asking these questions
I am using sqlite on the command-line and via sqlitebrowser  - and I am no
programmer (hm.).
Unfortunately, the substr-function won't do the job in my case, as the
position of substrings may vary within my tables.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

---------