On 8/8/06, Nuno Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/8/06, Daniel Önnerby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm just a bit curios if it would be possible to make like a C
> precompiler or a macro of some kind that compiles/interpret the
> SQL-statements to bytecode just like the sqlite_prepare does but does
> this when compiling/precompiling your application instead of at runtime.
> Since most application written in C/C++ use static SQL-statements
> (unless you are building your SQL-strings on the fly) and then bind the
> values, I guess there would be several benefits for your compiled
> application:

Now the cons:

 * Forget about using your program concurrently with others.
   Future sqlite versions may decide to use different low-level
implementations that
   can clash with your hardcoded functions (this is the same as
statically linking
   the sqlite library with your application).

This is an issue for the on-disk file format.  Static vs dynamic
linking and the sqlite versions used have no bearing here.