Sorry if this messages dont follow the thread, I only have digest
and I dont know how to attach msg to the correct thread.

I have just now put together wiki pages that describe these errors.
See

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=DatabaseIsLocked
  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LibraryRoutineCalledOutOfSequence

Other readers of this mailing list are encouraged to review and
extend my remarks on those pages.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <drh <at> hwaci.com>

Just checked with my customer,
He gets 5 -Database is locked, that is SQLITE_BUSY every time
if he starts the app from another machine. This makes me think
that I have some sort of configuration error since every SQL
request on any table gives this error.

- Is there any way to ask the database if its locked (from the app that apparently locks it) ?

- I use these pragmas when I create the database, do they affect ?
 PRAGMA page_size=4096;
 PRAGMA auto_vacuum = 1;

- Do sqlite3_exec() need any release or any close (three last parameters are NULL).

- Will opening, reading from and closing another database affect ?

- Will nested selects from the same table affect ?

- Can the "library routine called out of sequence" be a consiquence of the above ?

Sorry for bugging this list with all these questions but I need to help my customer and I need to know what I do wrong so that I can avoid trouble in the future.

John Martin Alfredsson
ma1999ATjmaDOTse