[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Michael Sizaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

in java, the smallest long is
   -9223372036854775808

in SQLite it seems to be
   -9223372036854775807

Bug or feature?

I deliberately omitted the
lower end to make the last line of sqlite3atoi64()
a little simpler.  (Nobody has noticed in 2.5 years.)

Actually, I did notice this when looking at the source while preparing a patch to make this routine skip leading whitespace like atoi(). I thought it was a little strange, but didn't think anyone was likely to run into a problem with that one missing value in a 64 bit integer space. However, it seems like somebody always notices these things eventually. If I remember correctly it also shows up in the test suite.

Dennis Cote