[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Michael Sizaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
in java, the smallest long is
   -9223372036854775808

in SQLite it seems to be
   -9223372036854775807

Bug or feature?

Call it what you like.  I deliberately omitted the
lower end to make the last line of sqlite3atoi64()
a little simpler.  (Nobody has noticed in 2.5 years.)

WOW, I'm surprised that nobody found it! There are
a few important values for any integer type: MIN,-1,0,1,MAX
(and a few orhers). If any huge value (e.g 4741939734731675961)
would not work, I'm sure nobody would ever find it, because the
probability of hitting the value (and finding the problem!) is
negligible. But MIN and MAX are fundamental. If you use LONG_MIN
to denote the smallest possible value and assume
  any_integer_value>=-9223372036854775808
you will be very surprised. At least, I was....

Ok, I have my workaround, and since I'm the only one
complaining I can live with that :-).

Michael