Fred Williams wrote:

Just a suggestion.  When I am learning a new language, database, etc.  I
sometimes find working with and even stepping through supplied samples
prove to be the quickest way to gain insight into how the new entity
works.  Saves both me and a lot of other people a lot of time and
effort.

That sounds a lot like RTFM only presented in a much more pleasant manner. :-)

Anyway, it is good advice, and I second it.

Dennis Cote

P.S. I also think the quickstart page at the SQLite website should probably be enhanced to show a basic version of a query using the sqlite3_prepare/sqlite3_step/sqlite3_column_* APIs. This is a common question for people starting to use sqlite now, and the quickstart page only shows how to use the older depreciated (at least for queries) sqlite3_exec API.