Cesar David Rodas Maldonado uttered:

I meen, If SQLite has two index and very large Index (about 10.000.000 each
one) how do i merge it, I mean (index1 = index2 for every one and limit it
in thousand).

Understand?

I guess not.

Are you trying to do an INNER JOIN merger on the two indexes? SQLite does this by having a nested loop, with the equality test as the action of the inner loop:

for each row in x {
  for each row in y matching x.row {
    # Do whatever for the inner join
  }
}

If you're trying to do equivalent of a UNION select, then this is just a standard merge sort using the two indexes as the sources.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_sort

On 9/15/06, Dennis Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cesar David Rodas Maldonado wrote:
> If there a document of how SQLite Virtual Machine Works ( papers )? I
> would
> like do something similar with B-Tree, B+ Tree but i dont know how to
> merge
> a select with tow Index? Understand my question??
>
> Please answer me

see the links VDBE Tutorial and VDBE Opcodes near he bottom of the
documentation page http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html

Dennis Cote

    /"\
    / \